CAN FLEURIEU NUTRITION HELP YOU?
Fleurieu Nutrition offers a broad range of services that may be able to help you with a range of health issues. Click the bars below to read about each service section in more detail. If you are unsure if we can help, feel free to contact us to discuss your needs.
Adult and General Nutrition
- Weight management
- Overweight and obesity
- Healthy weight
- Unintentional weight loss
- Individual nutrient deficiencies eg
- Iron (anaemia)
- Calcium, and more
- Diabetes mellitus
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Women’s health, including
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pre-pregnancy nutrition
- Nutrition during pregnancy
- Post-natal and breastfeeding nutrition
- Heart health including:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Cancer and nutrition support
- Loss of appetite
- Poor dietary intake
- Taste changes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dysphagia, swallowing difficulties
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Renal (kidney) disease
- Vegetarian and vegan diets
- Other conditions and disease specific nutrition
- Weight management
Older adult and elderly nutrition
As per adult and general nutrition issues above, and also:
- Support for carers
- Cooking for one
- Dementia related nutrition issues and support
- Accessing and preparing food when mobility is limited
Home visits are available if mobility is limited. Travel charges may apply.
Children, youth, and teenagers
- Fussy eating
- Healthy eating
- Food intolerance
- Body image
- Eating disorders
- Weight management
- Autism spectrum condition
- FODMAP diet
- Food intolerances
- Food chemical intolerance
- RPAH elimination diet
- Irritable bowel disease
- Coeliac disease
- Diverticular disease (diverticulosis and diverticulitis)
- Constipation and Diarrhoea
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
A range of services are able to be provided for both plan managed and self-managed clients, in order to optimise your health, wellbeing, skill development and independence.
Fleurieu Nutrition will work with your carers, family, household members, plan managers, support workers and other health care workers in your team in order to assist you in meeting your goals.
Depending on your goals, services can be claimed under the following NDIS support categories:
- Improved Health and Wellbeing – Dietician Consultation And Diet Plan Development
- Improved Daily Living – Assessment, Recommendation, Therapy and / or Training (including AT) – Other Therapy
- Increased Social and Community Participation – Innovative Community Participation
Services able to be provided include, but are not limited to:
- Individual, family and group appointments to optimise health, wellbeing, skill development and independence.
- Carer education
- Menu review for residential facilities or shared living facilities
- Life skill education, including, but not limited to:
- Meal and snack planning, recipe and menu development, and development of shopping lists.
- Recipe modification
- Supermarket and grocery shopping tours, food label reading and shopping skills.
- Budgeting and food purchasing.
- Cooking lessons and cooking demonstrations, taking into consideration skill level and physical needs and learning goals.
- Safe food handling and food safety.
- Education re food requirements and portions.
- Food, meal and social skills, including skills needed for work in the hospitality industry.
- Establishment of a home vegetable garden, including skill development in purchasing, growing, maintenance, harvesting and cooking of produce.
- Home visits – Home visits enable a greater understanding or your home environment, needs, food and meal preferences
- Provision of educational material – pictorial, enlarged, simplified or detailed as required.
- Provision of any nutritional oral and PEG supplements required.
Residential Aged Care Facilities
- Menu reviews
- Initial and ongoing resident assessments, including residents that have a Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plan (Care Plan) from their GP
- Staff education
Community groups and businesses
- Nutrition Presentations
- Cooking groups
- Supermarket tours
- Residential Aged Care Facilities